This is a wonderful and inexpensive soup to make that is filled with healing healthy ingredients. It is rumored that if you are feeling under the weather that this soup will make you feel better. I tried this after coming down with a slight cold and it really did make me feel better. Cabbage is a excellent source of vitamin C, vitamin K,vitamin B6, fiber and potassium . I was actually surprised to learn that cabbage is richer in vitamin C than oranges. This is also a great soup to eat for weight loss as it is naturally low in fat and calories.
Some of the other healthy benefits of cabbage include prevention of certain types of cancer, lowering your cholesterol, cardiovascular support, digestive support and it also has anti-inflammatory benefits.
And this soup is so tasty that you wont even know your eating all that healthy goodness!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 quarts water
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 head cabbage, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, drained and diced
1. In a large stockpot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic; cook until onion is transparent, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in water, bouillon, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then stir in cabbage. Simmer until cabbage wilts, about 10 minutes.
3. Stir in tomatoes. Return to a boil, then simmer 15 to 30 minutes, stirring often.
It is great to have the opportunity to read a good quality article with useful information on topics that plenty are interested on.ReplyDelete
The body has a powerful ability to heal itself when given the tools it needs to stay healthy. We cannot entirely remove anxiety from our lives, but we can create lifestyles that reduce stress and toxins so the natural healing process can take place. Facebook.com/in2naturalsReplyDelete