Helpful tip: Using a pastry blender is a great way to break up ground meat into tiny fine pieces. I discovered this tip years ago and it works great especially in a recipe like this where you want the meat to be crumbly.
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8 large romaine lettuce leaves
- Cook ground turkey in olive oil with onion and bell pepper. Break up ground turkey into little pieces with a spatula or a pastry blender. Add taco seasoning and simmer until meat is cooked thoroughly.
- Fill each romaine lettuce leaf with about 2 tablespoons meat filling; top with shredded cheddar cheese, chopped tomato and avocado ( or whatever your favorites toppings are)