Broccoli is such a super healthy veggie that is rich in fiber and loaded with vitamins. Here is great site to visit called Well-beingsecrets.com that lists all the health benefits of broccoli.
Whisk the eggs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl.
Mix together with the cheddar cheese and almond meal.
Place frozen broccoli in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 5 minutes or until thawed. Stirring halfway thru.
- 1 (16oz) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup almond meal
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a microwave safe plate and microwave 5 minutes, stirring midway, to thaw. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in another large bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, garlic powder, oregano, black pepper and cayenne. Add the cheddar cheese and the almond meal, then add the thawed and drained broccoli. Use a large spoon to mix everything together well.
- Use your hands to form into 24 small patties. Arrange the patties on the prepared baking sheets. Bake 15 minutes on each side, until browned. Allow to cool a couple of minutes, then serve. Serving size: 3 fritters; Calories: 180; Total Fat: 13.7g; Carbohydrates: 6.4g; Sugars: 1g; Sodium: 269mg; Fiber: 3.2g; Protein: 10.6g